more thoughts on my thingamablog to drupal changeover
30 January, 2011 - 15:57 — Peter
In no particular order
- In Drupal you can't save a draft of a post. You either save it or it's gone. I've made the mistake of editing a page or entry and lost it when I clicked 'View' instead of 'Save.'
- There is no WYSIWYG editor in Drupal. You have to at least know some basic HTML code.
- It is easier to tag in Drupal. You just write in whatever tags you want and they are automatically created. In Thingamablog I had to create each tag and then once it was created make sure it was selected for any given entry
- If you install the 'Blog' module in Drupal, it doesn't appear to have the ability to tag those entries. (I may have just not figured out how to add this function yet.)
- I have to figure out how to get 'cron' to run automatically. Right now I just run in manually every once in a while to update the tag and search functions.
- I want to figure out how the add the 'Add This' code to each entry on the home page. This will involve learning how to create (or at least change) themes and will be a while off.
- In Drupal, at the bottom of the page is a link to more pages with the previous posts and I like this. This feature doesn't exist in Thingamablog. You had the front page and to view anything else you had to navigate through the archives.